There’s no reason to beat around the bush (pun intended); I hate my period, and I know I’m not alone! We all hate it.
Just last night, I laid next to my boyfriend sobbing. When he asked me why I was crying, I told him, in detail, all of the reasons I’d cried that day. They included that my dog was cute, my mother sent me a care package, we were out of ice cream, and my least favorite contestant remained on America’s Next Top Model.
Obviously, yes, I was riding the crimson wave, and when I’m in that state, I’m emotional, get upset easily, I’m cranky, hungry, and craving all sorts of sweets. I’m sick and puking, and ugh, of course, I’m horny. To say the least, it’s a miserable few days.
But, despite how miserable this is, believe it or not, there are things that I hate more than being on my period. Here’s a comprehensive list of 15 things to keep in mind when you may think your period is the end of the world…spoiler alert: it’s not.
1. When my favorite show isn’t on Hulu the day after it airs.
2. When they’re out of Pumpkin Spice at Starbucks.
3. When you leave early for work and you STILL hit rush hour traffic.
4. When your boss doesn’t let you leave work early on a slow day.
5. When you put your contact in inside out and you feel like you’re being stabbed by a thousand mini swords.
6. When you get diarrhea when you’re on a first date.
7. “Happy” by Pharrell Williams.
8. When your professor won’t let you turn in your paper a day late.
9. When someone doesn’t come and talk to you about their problems, and you have to hear about it from another person.
10. When your friend tells you that they won’t tell anyone your secret, but they do anyway.
11. When your mom finds out about that tattoo you conveniently forgot to tell her you got.
12. Getting up for work in the morning.
13. Boys who can’t read your mind.
14. Exes who text you “heeeyyyy ;)” when you post a particularly sexy selfie on Instagram.
Even just writing this list helped to relieve some of the anger that I’m feeling because Aunt Flow is in town. Seriously, this is a miserable 3-7 days(whoever the lucky girl is who only has to suffer for 3 days, come talk to me and share your magic upon me) and we might as well try to channel that angry energy into other destructive means. Sadly, not even Midol, Reese’s Peanut Butter cups, and your favorite brand of tampons can help relieve the heartache that these 15 issues cause to you, but try to remember; it could always be worse.
Featured Image via We Heart It.