I have always been the girl who has a lot of close guy friends and I mostly attribute this to growing up with an older brother. His friends were always over at our house playing videos games or having band practice and they would let me hang out with them. I think since then I got use to having a great male support system around me and because of that I’ve noticed some differences in my friendships with guys versus girls. Both are incredibly rewarding and it’s important to keep in mind these qualities are not always gender specific, but here are some of the amazing perks to having a guy BFF.
1. They never judge you, no matter what.
2. You tend to get free drinks because when they go to the bar, they’ll grab a round for the table.
3. They pretend to be your boyfriend when creepy guys hit on you.
4. You can ask them questions about the opposite sex.
5. They laugh at your dirty jokes because to them, nothing is off-limits.
6. They give the best hugs.
7. They usually have cute friends to set you up with.
8. You always have a date to events.
9. When they compliment you they mean it, because they usually can’t tell the difference between what you look like when you’ve spent 2 hours getting ready or 15 minutes.
10. No matter what, they will drop everything to be there for you.
There are so many other wonderful qualities that I could thank my guy friends for, but these are definitely some of the major ones. So to all the amazing men in my life who have been there for me throughout the years, thank you. Thank you for putting up with me and listening to me rant endlessly about anything and everything. Thank you for letting me burp in front of you and high-fiving me afterwards, and thank you for telling me when I’m being overdramatic. Lastly, thank you for being a shoulder to cry on and a safe place to go when I feel like I have nobody else. You are all amazing men and I’m privileged to have you as friends.