The #LastDressEver headlines centered around Tina Fey’s memorable goodbye to David Letterman are bringing some much-deserved attention to this comedy superstar right in time for her birthday. She stripped down from her royal blue dress to reveal a black leotard branded with “Bye Dave!” and “#LastDressEver” in honor of the late night talk show’s retirement this week. This was only one of the many times Tina Fey has used her humor and wit to turn heads. She’s one of the many proud females in comedy, but also remains extremely down to earth and has taught us some really meaningful life lessons over the years. To pay tribute to the queen of comedy on her 45th birthday, let’s take a look back at 11 of the best life lessons Tina Fey taught us all.
- Having a best friend is a rare and special thing to cherish. It’s a known fact that Amy Poehler and Tina Fey are inseparable. From shaking it out together in dance battles, to offering support when big opportunities come along, these two partners’ in crime have stuck by each other for 20 years!
- It’s okay to let your hair down every now and then. A little party never hurt anybody, and Tina and Amy sure taught us how it’s done right.
- Girl power is important. Be kind to one another and don’t let boys push you around. Girls need to support each other, just like Tina’s human bra theory.
- Tina reminded us that when one door closes, another one opens. If you didn’t get that summer internship you wanted, don’t worry. One day you could run the place. Stay optimistic, think X-Men.
- She believes that we should all say yes more. Live life to the fullest in other words – but staying in sounds pretty nice too.
- It’s sometimes necessary to apologize to the people you care about. Silly battles aren’t always worth fighting, so give your best friend a call and apologize for all the nasty things you said when you were hungry.
- She taught us Persuasion 101. Need a way to get out of your chemistry homework? No problem, try out this line by the queen herself.
- Never have hesitations when it comes to standing up for equal rights. She really hit the nail on the head with this one. Preach, Tina.
- It’s time to speak out about rape. Tina took a step to make it clear that under no circumstances will rape ever be okay.
- Bitches get stuff done. Thank you, for teaching us one of the most iconic lessons of all time.
We love you Tina, thank you for being an inspiration to our generation. You’ve made us laugh and made us cry, gave us someone to look up to, and someone to #wcw every Wednesday. Happy 45th Birthday!