When the weather outside is steamy and hot, we all love sitting by the pool with a delightful, refreshing drink in hand. Luckily, these five delightful summer cocktails are easy to whip up, and you can easily modify them for those who prefer non-alcoholic blends.
1. Blackberry Cucumber Gin and Tonic
A sweet, crisp version of this classic cocktail that always tastes refreshing on summer days!
- 8 fresh blackberries
- 4 slices of cucumber
- 1.5 ounces of gin of your choice
- 1 cup of tonic
- Place 5 blackberries at the bottom of your cup and smash them with a fork.
- Fill glass with ice to your liking.
- Add gin and swirl around with the blackberries.
- Add tonic.
- Garnish with remaining blackberries and cucumber slices.
Mocktail Version: Simply replace the alcohol with tonic water or sparkling juice!
2. Jack Frosties
Cool down and booze up with this drink that’s straight out of a winter wonderland!
- 1 cup of vodka
- 1 cup of Champagne
- 1/2 cup of Blue Curacao
- 1/2 cup of lemonade
- 3 cups of ice
- Lemon wedges
- white sanding sugar
- In a blender, combine vodka, Champagne, Blue Curacao, lemonade, and ice. Mix until fully blended.
- Run a lemon wedge around the rim of each glass then dip in sanding sugar.
- Pour frosties into rimmed glasses and serve immediately.
Mocktail Version: Instead of the alcohol, add 2 cups blue Hawaiian punch and 1 cup of lemonade.
3. Strawberry Tequila Sodas
Everyone will be begging for refills of this delightful summer drink. Thankfully, it’s easy to make!
- 3 fresh strawberries
- 1 ounce of tequila
- One large, juiced lime
- 2 ounces of tonic water
- Muddle the strawberries in the cup.
- Add in the tequila, lime juice, and tonic water. Stir together.
- Top with ice and enjoy!
Mocktail Version: Simply replace the alcohol with Sprite!
4. Boozy Popsicle Mimosas
Have a drink and a snack in one with this refreshing spin on a fan favorite!
- 4 fresh strawberries, whole
- 10 strawberries, roughly chopped for garnish
- 2½ cups of orange juice
- 3½ ounces of Cointreau or Triple Sec
- 2 bottles of chilled Champagne
- Drop a few small pieces of strawberry into the bottom of each popsicle mold.
- Combine orange juice and Cointreau/Triple Sec in a pitcher or large measuring cup with a spout, then pour into popsicle molds. Leave about half an inch space at the top.
- Carefully place your mold in the freezer. When the orange juice starts to freeze, add the popsicle sticks. Leave in the freezer until frozen solid.
- Gently remove popsicles from the mold.
- Place popsicle in a glass of bubbly champagne, garnish with strawberries, and enjoy!
Mocktail Version: Omit Cointreau/Triple Sec and just use orange juice and strawberries in the popsicle. Substitute Champagne for Sprite.
5. Blueberry Mojitos
Cool off with a cocktail so good, it’s been pinned over 50,000 times!
- 1 cup cup of fresh blueberries
- 4 ounces of rum
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons of white sugar
- 2 limes, juiced
- 6 ounces of club soda
- Ice cubes
- Muddle or blend blueberries until smooth, then set aside.
- Use a muddler to blend mint leaves and sugar.
- Stir in rum, lime juice, and blueberry mixture.
- Pour into glasses over club soda & ice while gently stirring together.
- Garnish with extra blueberries, lime, and mint as desired.
Mocktail Version: Omit rum and simply use additional club soda!
Which drink will you prepare for your next Saturday sunbathing session this summer? Let us know in the comments or tag us on social media when you share pics!