I love to travel. I’m addicted, ‘got the bug’ they say. If I have free time and even a small amount of arguably ‘disposable’ cash, I’m on a plane, pronto.
Good for you, do it while you’re young’, I hear all too often. And they’re not wrong. Don’t dwell on being single, on not having a partner in crime, just go. If you have even the slightest inkling to do it, go. That’s the best advice I can give – who wants to live life without exploring beyond their metaphorical ‘backyard’?
If you’re still not convinced- here’s some inspiration for the free and wanderlusting – 6 trips to take while you’re young enough to hostel:
1. Southeast Asia overland. A backpack, bikini, and pair of flip flops in tow, head out across Southeast Asia on public transport. Nowhere in the world is better set for fun-searching backpackers on a budget, so go enjoy being able to eat for a dollar on a beautiful beach.
2. Safari. Africa is a continent like no other, be mesmerized by both the wildlife and the culture by throwing yourself out of your comfort zone and into the bush.
3. G’day Oz. Buy a car/van and drive around Australia or New Zealand, sleeping in the back and waking up to a new and mind-blowing view every day.
4. Eurorail. Buy a month-long pass and make your way across Europe on the tracks. Go to sleep in one country and wake up in another. From the coast to the mountains and cities you’ll want to come back for more!
5. WWoof in South America. WWOOF-ing or working, volunteering for a bed, make your way between the vineyards and cities of South America by earning your meals and a bed.
6. Island hopping in Greece. From one delicious plate of mezze to the next, spend a summer ferrying from one paradise to the next in the Greek islands.
Travel really is the only thing you buy that makes you richer, so don’t miss out on the opportunity to take that one trip that changes your perspective while you have the freedom to do so. You’ll never regret giving it a go, but you might regret missing out!
Featured Image via Pexels