Spring can be beautiful and full of life and new growth, but in order for that to happen, we must also get an immense amount of rain. These days can be long and dreary and sometimes utterly boring. However, it’s the perfect time to take advantage of some down time and throw in a good movie. Invite some friends or family over, or even just have some good old quality time with yourself. Either way, make some good snacks, sit under a cozy blanket, and hit play.
To help get you through the rainy days, where you’re stranded inside, feeling lazy and blue, here are a few great throwback movies to pass away the time:
1. Step Up – I mean who doesn’t love a romance story that is being played out in the movie and real life? Plus, watching Channing Tatum dance seriously never gets old.
2. 10 Things I Hate About You – This movie just gets me every time! If you tell me you don’t like it, not only will I not believe you, but I’ll probably start listing 10 things that I hate about you.
3. Mean Girls – This is the definition of a girls night in classic!
4. John Tucker Must Die – This movie really doesn’t require an explanation. It’s awesome, end of story.
5. Mrs. Doubtfire – For the rainy day when you need a good hard laugh, this one is your answer.
6. Lord Of The Rings – If you have a whole day ahead of you, I suggest just watching the whole trilogy. You get adventure, anticipation, a genuinely incredible story and of course the opportunity to stare at Orlando Bloom.
7. Any Disney Movie Ever Created – There’s nothing more comforting than a good ol’ Disney movie. It’s at the point where I can pretty much quote most of the movies beginning to end, but they really never seem to get old. Besides, there’s a Disney movie for every mood, from Lion King to The Rescuers, there’s bound to be at least one you’re in the mood for.
These movies have very few things in common, aside from the fact that they’re perfect for a rainy day. You don’t want to limit yourself to one genre though, there has to be something for every mood! Whether it’s adventure you’re craving on that rainy day or romance, there’s something on this list for you.
Don’t let the rain put you into a rut. Instead, use it to your advantage. Catch up on quality time with someone you haven’t seen in a long time, or simply take some much needed time for yourself. Enjoy the sound of pattering rain on your roof, and the story playing out on the screen in front of you. Sometimes, lazy days are the best days.
Featured image via screengrab from 10 Things I Hate About You