As a Canadian, when I dream of traveling I often think of various locations around the world: Australia, Scotland, and so forth. Often I forget to look at the beauty that is found right in my backyard. Canada is one of the largest and most naturally beautiful countries in the world, and every day I take that for granted.
Whether you are looking for the perfect place to wander the outdoors or the best cities to adventure through, Canada has what you’re looking for.
Here are 5 reasons to travel to Canada in 2017 (or anytime really!):
- Canada’s vast and remarkable landscapes are not limited to one place or one coast but are extremely abundant. From the shores of British Columbia to the red dirt in Prince Edward Island, you can see it all. From the most northern peak at Cape Columbia, Northwest Territory, to the most southern at Middle Island, Ontario, the scenery may change but the quality certainly does not.
- It’s relatively affordable! Compared to many places to travel around the world, the Canadian dollar isn’t all that high. It makes purchasing that train/plane/bus ticket that much easier!
- Our southern neighbors may be experiencing a slight bit of friction at the moment (*cough* Donald Trump *cough*), but fortunately, we are not. Any person, from any place or culture, of any gender or race, is welcome within these borders. No matter who you are, this is the perfect place to come explore! Our diversion is part of the very fabric that makes Canada so unique and wonderful.
- The city life isn’t too shabby either. Montreal’s booming French background allows for a unique cultural experience, and it’s also the host to tons of festivals every year. Toronto, while lying close to Niagara Falls, has many unique features of its own. Vancouver is the best of the west, and Ottawa is the cozy capital entirely representative of Canada’s laidback culture. This is just the beginning of the list.
- Last, but most certainly not least is that 2017 is Canada’s 150th anniversary! As a result, every National park in the country has free entrance for the entire year! You can go driving through Northern Ontario or hike through Banff, Alberta, and every time you enter a National park, it costs you zero dollars. I don’t know about you, but I say book your tickets now!
No matter where I travel to, I will always, always love to come home. Can you blame me, though? I live here.
… and here.
… and here.
I can be whoever I want to be, whenever I want to be. The only thing more beautiful than the nature you find here is the people. I may be slightly biased in this case, but if you don’t believe me then you’ll have to just come find out for yourself.
Featured image via nationalparkscanada.