I’m starting to think I’ve gotten too comfortable with my college kid aesthetic: Waking up late, attending class looking like a disheveled hobo, making dinner out of the junk in my snack food bin… It’s every 20-something’s dream to lay around doing nothing all day. We pretty much do that for four years while we’re in school, but that, like everything, must come to an end once you enter the real world. Becoming a real adult is scary. Can’t I just eat mac and cheese for dinner every night for the rest of my life?
Here are 26 things that you can only get away with while you’re in college:
- Waking up and still being drunk from the night before.
- Skipping your appointments/classes/work/meetings.
- Back-to-back day drinking.
- Boot and Rally… Enough said.
- Eating pizza every. single. day.
- Wearing pajamas to go outside.
- Napping at any hour of the day.
- Holding off on doing laundry.
- Drunk food at 2 AM every weekend… And sometimes weekdays.
- Going to the gym for free. (Or not going at all…)
- Creating a line-up above your kitchen cabinets of all of your finished bottles of alcohol.
- Binge-watching Netflix instead of taking care of your responsibilities.
- Spending all your money on food, alcohol, and unnecessary things.
- Having less than $20 in your bank account.
- Giving your living space a name. For example, “Grandma’s Trap House.”
- Purposely making it so that you have nothing on your schedule before 11 AM.
- Having a shower beer.
- Eating off of paper towels, frisbee discs, or anything other than actual dishware.
- Trying to fit more than one person on a twin-sized bed.
- Washing your dishes every five days or so.
- Porch couches. (Unless they’re proper outdoor patio furniture.)
- Pulling all-nighters.
- Relying on your meal plan instead of using money from your bank account.
- Throwing any type of theme party that isn’t an Ugly Christmas Sweater party.
- Shopping at Target for everything.
- Bringing up the crazy things you did in college.
If you’re nodding your head at these things while reading them, then you definitely are going to need some help #adulting. I admit that I’m guilty of pretty much each one of these, and I’m nervous for what the future holds. Hold on to those Netflix-binge nights and drunk 2 AM food runs for as long as you can, because it will be over before you know it. I’m 100% certain that the real world is going to be a slap in the face.