Last Christmas, the Beatles catalogue was finally (!!) released on several music-streaming services, Spotify notably among them. Not only was there an audience for these old tunes, but millions of people have already streamed the Beatles classics and become staples in many households once more. This got me thinking about the songs by the Beatles that have positive quotes and inspiration.
Most of their famous songs are filled with wisdom, inspiration, and reflection and after more than 50 years after being recorded, here are five famous lyrics that will inspire you and motivate you.
- “Nothing you can make that can’t be made. No one you can save that can’t be saved. Nothing you can do, but you can learn how to be you in time. It’s easy. All you need is love, all you need is love. All you need is love, love, love is all you need.” – All You Need is Love.
Love makes the world go round. Love is the basis of many things like peace, freedom, security, beauty, and truth. All you need is love. You need to love yourself and love each other’s individuality. You should always believe in your abilities. You can always improve or achieve what you need or want. All you need is love.
- “When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me. Speaking words of wisdom, let it be. And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me. Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.” – Let It Be
This song tells me that no matter what goes on in this world, there will be an answer and there is possibility. You cannot always worry about things and everything will be okay. Worrying is a misuse of imagination. This song teaches us that you can always find the strength and courage to overcome all obstacles that get in your way.
- “Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting. Little darling, it seems like years since it’s been clear. Here comes the sun. Here comes the sun, and I say it’s all right.” – Here Comes The Sun
It is such a lovely, upbeat and positive song with a beautiful message: look ahead to the future. The sun doesn’t rise on the past. You have to find your own reasons to make your day worth living. Need I say any more?
- “We can work it out. Life is very short, and there’s no time. For fussing and fighting, my friend.” – We Can Work It Out
Whenever I argue with someone, I always try to keep this song playing in the back of my mind. We can work it out and life really is too short to argue. It is a song about communication and compromise.
- “Hey Jude, don’t make it bad. Take a sad song and make it better. Remember to let her into your heart. Then you can start to make it better.” – “Hey Jude”
The song inspires you to overcome your shyness. It reminds you to stay positive and open. When you are positive and open, the situation will get better. The song is a versatile for any situation and everyone can relate to it.
These lyrics will always be apart of history, but they are still available to us now through the catalogue that has just been released. These quotes will help to cheer you up when you are having a rough day and will continue to feed you energy to make it through the day. One of the best parts is that despite the fact that they were recorded over 50 years ago, they are still relevant to modern times. Download songs from iTunes, listen to the Beatles Pandora station, or watch YouTube to listen to these great songs. Rock on!
Featured Image via Flickr.