Let’s face it, we aren’t taking care of our planet, and it’s not doing so well. Global warming is a thing, and there’s no use in denying it. You may be thinking that you can’t make a difference, but together, we can. I’m not asking you to install solar panels on your roof, or buy a Tesla. That’s a lot, and I don’t know about you, but I don’t have that kind of money. So how can we make a difference without having to spend thousands or millions of dollars on eco-friendly technologies? These 22 points will help decrease your negative impact on the environment more than you know. All totally do-able, all totally easy.
1. Use a hand dryer and stop using paper towel! Generally, hand dryers are the more ecological choice as they cause between 9 and 40 grams of carbon dioxide emissions per use compared to the average of 56 grams of carbon dioxide emissions for paper towel.
2. Use a reusable water bottle. 1 reusable water prevents the use of 3000 plastic water bottles. You’re generating a lot of waste by drinking out of plastic/paper cups. Get yourself a pretty mug/travel mug and bring reusable mugs to coffee shops as well!
4. Stop buying styrofoam. Styrofoam doesn’t biodegrade and will last forever.
5. Stop buying products that contain microbeads/throw out what you already have. Microbeads are so small, they’re contaminating our water and our planet… Microbeads are banned in the United States now, #ThanksObama. 6. Recycle. You’ve been learning about this all your life, so commit to it once and for all.
7. Compost. Feed our planet with your food scraps, #CiricleofLife. 8. Turn off the water when you’re lathering in the shower. It’ll be annoying at first, but you’ll get used to it.
12.#MeatlessMonday! If everyone went vegetarian for one day, the U.S would prevent greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to 1.2 million tons of CO2.
20. Switch traditional bulbs for fluorescent bulbs. They will reduce your energy use by 10%.
These are simple lifestyle changes that you can make to help save our planet. These are small steps we can all take towards a happier and greener Earth. Being green is ~*cool*~. Try these out, see how they work for you and let me know what you think in the comments below.