People are always looking for the big things: the big picture, the big dream, the big life. It makes it so easy to miss the everyday little things, – in reality it’s the little things that make the big difference in our lives. So, I challenge you to improve on the little things, and here’s how you’ll do it:
1. Unsubscribe from emails you don’t even remember signing up for.
2. Be aware of what you’re putting in your body.
3. Stop to smell the flowers.
4. Appreciate the little things more.
5. When someone is talking to you, actively listen by engaging into the conversation and putting down your phone.
6. Unfollow or unfriend everyone and everything that makes you feel bad or guilty.
7. Read one thing you enjoy a day.
8. Smile at strangers.
9. Aim to make a positive influence on one person per day.
10. Try a new form of exercise.
11. Write a hand-written thank you note or card, just because.
12. Keep a journal of all the good things that happen to you this year to reflect on in the future when you need a pick me up.
13. Volunteer or donate.
14. Drink a lot of water.
15. Wash your face every night.
16. Do something you’ve been thinking about for a while.
17. Make a list of everything you want to accomplish for the week. Then do it.
18. Shop at local stores and farmers market.
19. Don’t wash your hair as much.
20. Learn a new skill or pick up a new hobby.
21. Clean out your closet and get rid of anything you feel is weighing you down.
22. Take some time out of your day to do something you enjoy, like read, meditate, cook, even nap.
23. Make a vision board.
24. Eat breakfast in bed on the weekend.
25. Spend more time outdoors and less time on your iPhone.
26. Call (not text) someone you haven’t talked to in a while.
27. Delete all the contacts from your phone you haven’t talked to in years.
28. Thank people more.
29. Use a planner/calendar to organize all the crap in your mind.
30. Communicate with people when you’re unhappy with something. People can’t read minds.
31. Go on walks or runs.
32. Help a friend out without them having to ask you.
33. Wake up early and watch the sunrise.
34. Be humble.
35. Take care of your skin.
36. Don’t be too hard on yourself.
37. Buy fresh fruits and veggies instead of frozen.
38. Acknowledge the work others do instead of complaining about what they don’t do.
39. Try to see the good in others.
40. Listen to others points of view before shutting their ideas out.
41. Ask people how their days are going.
42. Learn something new about the people you’re around every day.
43. Pick a day to look nice for no reason, just because.
44. Learn something new every day.
The big things are important, but the small things are everyday things we often overlook. Making little changes will in turn make you realize that the little things do add up to make a big difference. Improving on just a few of these things can help you lead a more positive and happy life.