As we all know, the royals of England have been quite the buzz for the past few years. From new babies to Prince Harry marrying Meghan Markle, the pair removing themselves from the royal family and the death of Phillip, there has been no shortage of excitement. Oprah recently interviewed Harry and Meghan. While some things stayed swept under the rug, other divulged details fed our human need for gossip.
A recent article quoted Harry explaining more into his hopes for the memoir,
“I’m writing this not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become,” Harry said in a statement released by Penguin Random House, the publisher. “I’ve worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story—the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned—I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think.”
The juicy details are the gift that keeps on giving though because Prince Harry has just announced he will be writing a memoir.
Here’s what we are hoping Harry spills some Royal tea over:
- Are he and William really not talking?
- As we know through recent interviews and eyewitness accounts, ever since Harry stepped down from his royal duties, the siblings have had a troubled relationship. Recently at an unveiling of the Diana statue, the brothers spent time together but this was after a year of barely seeing one another or talking.
- The untold details and consequences of “Megexit”: the couple’s joint decision to step down from royal duties
- During the infamous Oprah interview, Meghan disclosed the different hardships she encountered while being a part of the royal family and the different things that pushed them out.
- A deeper look into his complex relationship with his dad, Prince Charles
- Recently, Harry told the media that Charles was not comforting during Diana’s passing and that offended Charles who has now not spoken to Harry unless necessary.
- How Diana’s passing impacted his childhood
- Sources say because the family constantly sat in the public eye, the family did not receive much private bonding time.
- His fatherhood and husband adventures
- Meghan and Harry are now the parents of two children: Archie and newborn, Lilibet.
- His military duties
- He served for ten years, rose to captain and completed two tours in Afghanistan.
- His philanthropic conquests
- He recently served veterans and previously he and Meghan served those critically ill and fighting AIDS.
We all know the media loves to twist stories and portray the picture they think will gain the most attention. Hopefully Harry’s memoir, already contracted to be published by Penguin Random House, will have more genuine details we can all thrive on.
Harry’s memoir is expected to be released late next year.
Keeping with his giving spirit, Harry has said the proceeds from the book will be given to charity. Harry told sources his intent is to show that despite him having a complex lifestyle full of unique circumstances, he is hoping to show others that we as humans have more in common than we may think. Pre-order as soon as you can, we’re sure these are to fly off the shelves… literally.