Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day. Eating a nutritious breakfast can increase your energy, improve your concentration, and help you manage your weight. With that said, though, it’s easy to want to skip breakfast when you eat cereal and toast daily. Here are three healthy (and delicious!) breakfast recipes that you can quickly whip up before work:
Breakfast Smoothie: Smoothies are a great breakfast option, especially if you want to add more fruit to your diet. You can even prepare smoothies ahead of time, which makes them an easy grab-and-go breakfast for those mornings when you hit “snooze” too many times. My favorite smoothie recipe is a vegan cinnamon coffee smoothie. It’s filling and delicious, and it’ll become your go-to smoothie too!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Makes two servings
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2-4 tablespoons cold brew coffee
- 4 ice cubes
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon protein powder or sweetener (optional)
Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add additional almond milk to taste. Drink immediately or refrigerate to enjoy later!
Muffins: Muffins are delicious, but they can rack up calories. This delicious berry quinoa muffin recipe is perfect to prepare ahead of time so your weekday breakfast is quick and easy.
2. Berry Quinoa Muffins
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Makes 12 muffins
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (use additional flour to dust pan)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup white quinoa (raw)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray, then dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all-purpose and almond flours, quinoa, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, milk, and honey. Fold egg mixture into flour mixture until combined, then stir in raspberries.
- Divide batter among muffin pan cups. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. To know when muffins are done baking, insert toothpick into center of muffins and wait until it comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to allow muffins to cool completely.
Egg wraps: Egg wraps are perfect if you want a low-carb, high-protein breakfast, and they don’t take long to make. You can even make several wraps ahead of time and add your favorite ingredients to switch up the recipe.
3. Egg Wraps
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 2-4 minutes
- Fillings: avocado, fruit, turkey sausage, or bacon
- Salt, pepper, and oregano to taste
- Heat a small skillet on medium heat and grease with oil
- Crack eggs in medium bowl and mix until combined
- Pour into hot skillet and tilt pan to spread egg
- Sprinkle in seasoning
- Let eggs cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute
- Flip eggs and cook 30 seconds to 1 minute
- Let egg wrap cool. Add desired fillings. Roll and serve warm or refrigerate a larger quantity for the rest of the week.
If you’re looking for some quick, healthy breakfast ideas, try these out to spice up your first meal of the day. With these recipes, you’ll never want to go back to your everyday breakfast choices again!
Featured image via Unsplash