It’s a proven fact that expressing gratitude is a great way of improving our own happiness, and the happiness of others. When it comes to a strong support team, we often think of our families because they are so close with us physically. We forget to give our friends the credit they deserve for being with us emotionally every step of the way through life.
So when you feel like you need to give them a little bit of extra of a pep talk or know they need to be cheered up, here are a few things you should thank them for.
- Thank you for listening to all of my drama and never once judging me for it.
- Thank you for still being there for me even when it’s not convenient for you; it shows your loyalty and dedication to me.
- Thank you for telling me when I’m doing something wrong but reminding me that those mistakes do not make me a bad person.
- Thank you for understanding when life gets chaotic and that I need space, while still loving me and not taking it personally.
- Thank you for making me a part of your family and for accepting my family as your own. They love you almost as much as I do.
- Thank you for being straight up with me while being aware my feelings. It’s not easy to hear all the time, but it’s needed and appreciated.
- Thank you for defending me in my absence to other people.
- Thank you for providing me unlimited access to your closet, fridge and passenger seat of your car.
- Thank you for encouraging me to drink that alcohol I didn’t need, getting me way too drunk, but giving me one of the most memorable nights of my life. You’re right, I need to let loose more often.
- Thank you for purposely cock blocking me or for taking control when I am too drunk to make my own decisions or functions. You’ve saved me from some potentially dangerous scenarios and I can’t thank you enough for that.
- Thank you for all of your ugly snapchats full of pooping faces, double chins and hilarious facial expressions. They always make me laugh and feel better.
- Thank you for coming over to lay in bed, watch TV and sit on our phones in silence. Just because we are together doesn’t mean we have to do anything special, it’s about not being alone.
- Thank you for hating that guy I liked and proving you were right all along after he broke my heart, and for being there for me anyway.
- Thank you for telling me not to have more tequila because it’s a bad idea, but throwing one back with me anyway.
- Thank you for always making sure I make it home and get in the house safely. I know you’d be out there waiting for me when I don’t have a key to get in and I appreciate your company and concern.
- Thank you for all the drunken heart to hearts, and for the sober one’s too.
- Thank you for putting up with me and my issues.
- Thank you for being my partner in crime, love of my life and identical twin.
- Thank you for loving me.
Having a friendship as good as these are hard to find but are so rewarding to be in. It’s nice having someone always there for you, a 24/7 texting buddy and a support system who can wear multiple hats. Show them you care and send them an extra reason to smile today. They deserve it if they put up with you and your antics.
Featured Image via We Like Bali