Somedays I get on the treadmill or hit the pavement to start running and I feel like I could go forever. Trust me, though, this does not happen every day. The one thing I started to notice that kept me running further and feeling better, was music. A good playlist is an absolute game changer. Before you know it, you will be zoned in on the beat or the lyrics and those minutes will pass by like seconds.
There is music for every mood, every activity, every single thing you do and feel. Running is no exception to this. Here are a few songs to help you feeling energetic and ready to face the road ahead of you!
- “Give Me Your Love” – Sigala ft. John Newman & Nile Rodgers
- “Imagination” – Gorgon City Ft. Katy Menditta
- “Arrows In The Dark” – Cash Cash Ft. Anjulie
- “Sexual” – Neiked (Oliver Nelson Remix)
- “Want To Want Me” – Jason Derulo (Speaker Of The House Remix)
- “Ready For Your Love” – Gorgon City Ft. MNEK
- “Easy Go” – Grandtheft & Delaney Jane
- “Side To Side” – Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj (Beau Collins Remix)
- “Be Together” – Major Lazer Ft. Wild Belle
- “Louder Harder Better” – Galantis
I could sit here all day and rhyme out all of the benefits that staying physically active creates. But most of us already know them. The hard part is taking those thoughts and ideas that we have and turning them into actions. Telling yourself to get up off the couch after you just spent eight hours working, telling yourself that you aren’t done yet, that you don’t get to rest yet is what separates you from the pack.
Despite the activity you choose to do to work out and stay physically active, so much of it relies on your mental capacity. When your muscles start to ache and your lungs are burning, it’s up to your mind to tell yourself to keep going.
It’s not your body that determines how far you can go, it’s that voice in your head.
This is where music comes into play. It helps ease and distract your mind. It’s the sidekick on your shoulder pumping upbeat sounds and encouraging lyrics into your body. It’s that voice telling you a story, and pulling your focus inwards, preventing you from noticing just how much your body is trying to tell you to stop. When it comes to running, music is your best friend.
These 10 songs have kept me running harder and longer, and I hope they do the same for you.
Feature Image via Bose.