For those of us unfortunate enough to experience depression, anxiety, and mental health issues, we know how truly debilitating it can really be. It doesn’t take much for it consume your life and once it does, it’s hard to pull yourself out of it. To make your battle a bit easier, I compiled some of what I consider to be the most inspirational and hopeful quotes and Tumblr posts for those who suffer from depression and anxiety.
1. This one acknowledging the bravery that comes with choosing to battle.
2. This one reminding you that it’s okay to ask for help.
3. This one letting you know that sometimes, you just have to learn to be content with “not sad.”
4. This one reminding you that you’re brave to keep living.
5. This one with the positive spin on an old saying.
6. This one that put things into a little perspective.
7. This one reminding you that you should be proud of yourself for all you’ve accomplished.
8. This one with the little reminder that you’re going to be okay, even life seems impossible.
9. This one that wants you to have a day and to simply take care of yourself.
10. And finally, this one letting you know what a tough cookie you are, no matter how you may feel.
Depression is tough to deal with, and maybe “positive thinking” won’t get us there, but sometimes all you need is a little inspiration to push you in the right direction. Healing takes time and won’t be instant, but it’s something you can work towards. You are strong and you can do this. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Someone will always be there for you. We’re all in this together.
Featured Image via lindspire.