We say one thing when we mean another, we b*tch about problems that are the result of our own actions and we’ve been those people we love to hate. We’re all guilty of it. Everyone is, so there’s no point trying to deny it. This generation made up of hypocrites and 20-something females are arguably the most contradictory people out there.
- We complain about not having any money but we buy 8-dollar coffees from Starbucks.
- We claim that we don’t care about Instagram “likes” but freak out when our crush double-taps our picture.
- We want to lose weight but we order pizza after a long night of drinking margaritas.
- We say we want a nice reliable guy but we only pursue douchebags.
- We complain about having sh*tty friends but we talk sh*t behind our friends backs.
- We complain about guys only wanting to hookup but we spend our free moments in between classes swiping through Tinder.
- We go on and on about how much we hate Kim Kardashian and her representation of females but we continuously “keep up with the Kardashians.”
- We say we don’t want to play mind-games but we spend 3 hours ignoring his text so he doesn’t have the upper hand.
- We say we want to be productive but we spend hours binge watching Netflix.
- We preach the importance of following the “girl code” but we’ve all broken it to some degree.
- We say that we’re over him but we spend hours stalking all of his social media outlets.
- We’re constantly trying to stand out and be different but we make sure we buy the latest trends at Forever 21.
- We call other girls sluts but we go home with random guys from the bar.
- We say we want someone who will bring us flowers but when he does we call him clingy.
- We freak out when we think we’re being played but we flirt with boys who have girlfriends.
- We rip on girls for being sloppy drunks then spend our nights puking and our mornings trying to piece together what happened.
- We complain that our life is in shambles but we use “YOLO” to justify all of our stupid decisions.
- We say this generation is full of narcissists but we take endless selfies.
- We say we can do better and that he didn’t treat us right but then we get back together with him.
- We say we admire Beyonce‘s feminism but we jump at the chance to put other girls down.
As much as we try our hardest to be moral individuals, we catch ourselves going back on our word and looking like assh*les. Millennial girls love to call people hypocrites while acting like fu*king hypocrites, we’re all guilty of it from time to time. None of us are perfect.
Featured image by pexels