If you’ve ever worn glasses in your life, you’ve probably considered getting Lasik eye surgery or doing something else so you don’t have to wear your glasses anymore. Because, let’s face it: wearing them is a pain in the a**. Thankfully, we also have contacts as an easy solution if you don’t want to go the surgery route. Although they are amazing, they definitely have their drawbacks.
Here are 15 things you’ll understand if you wear contact lenses:
1. People being amazed when they find out you wear contacts.
“I’m not a magical creature or anything, I just can’t see 20/20…”
2. When you put them in first thing in the morning and your eye clamps shut on you out of pain.
“Ow! Come on, I just want to see!”
3. When your eye gets irritated out of nowhere and starts tearing up.
“Seriously, I’m fine my contact is just having an issue!”
4. Sunglasses being your best friend on water rides.
“What do you mean I need to take off my sunglasses for the ride?”
5. The confusion you have when you accidently put then in inside-out.
“Why am I seeing double? Ow! This hurts more than normal…”
6. Waking up from a nap and thinking you’re “cured” because you never took them out.
“Oh my gosh, I can see!! Wait no my contacts are just still in, damn it.”
7. When you have a small tear in your contact but don’t realize until put it on your eye.
“Ow, ow, ow!!!! “
8. Learning to be creative with storage while traveling when you forget your lens case.
“My contacts are in the yellow cup, PLEASE do not dump it out!”
9. Dropping your contact on the floor and not being able to find it because you don’t have them on.
“Blind leading the blind here… literally.”
10. Taking out your lenses and not being able to find your glasses.
“Where are they?” *crash*
11. Rubbing your eyes and lenses going up behind your eyelids.
“Great, just great.”
12. Cringing at the thought of wearing glasses.
“Death before glasses.”
13. People being grossed out / amazed when they see you “touch your eye.”
“I’m just putting a contact in, not that big of a deal… “
14. Wearing your glasses for the day and everyone complimenting you.
“Gee, thanks… Where were you when I got bullied for wearing them in school?”
15. Finally taking them out after a long day.
“Ah… Seriously the best feeling ever”
Even though contact lenses really can be a total pain, I definitely think I’d be lost without them (literally, I’d be walking in circles). Anyone who uses contacts would agree. Even though we hate them at times, we all know we’d never go back to glasses, right?