Dear Girl Struggling,
First, I want you to know you’re not alone. I know how you feel, and I know what you’re going through. We all have bad days, you’re not the only one. I do. In fact, I had a bad day yesterday and that’s usually not like me because I’m always positive. But, I’m feeling much better today, you’ll be happy to hear that.
You see though, this letter isn’t about me it’s about you. I saw something you wrote last night and it pulled at my heart and inspired me to write this letter to you. You are struggling right now I see, so while you’re trying to find your ground and getting yourself back on your feet, I want you to keep a few things in mind:
- You are worth it – You may not think it or feel it right now, but I want you to know you are worth it! You have so much to offer, and so much to give, so don’t give up. Don’t quit! Sometimes our illnesses get in the way and make us feel doubtful and not worth anything, but you are worth everything! You can’t let your illnesses and disorder get in the way of your dreams and life. You definitely cannot let them define who you are as a person. You are so much better and stronger than that. Don’t ever forget it!
- You are loved– You are a lovable person and friend. In fact, I’m honored as well as everyone else is to be your friend. I think I can speak for everyone when I say how much we all love you. You are an amazing person with the biggest heart imaginable, you deserve every little bit of the love, and praises you get from everyone. Don’t ever think you don’t because you do!
- You are deserving of good friendships– Every time give you a compliment, you always say, “you’re too nice to me.” I’m nice to you because you deserve it and my friendship all the way! Ever since I’ve gotten to know you a month or so ago, you have been the absolute easiest person to get along with. You warned me that you’re as you called it “a monster” and that you don’t mean to sound like the way you get sometimes. You even told me to not waste my time and energy on someone who doesn’t deserve it. Well, you do! You, as well as a lot of other people, shared a very hard and emotional article of mine that came out for Unwritten. This was was hard for me to write. The fact that you and other people shared it had me in tears. So, yes you are deserving and capable of gaining and making good friendships with people. Don’t think you’re not!
- You are an inspiration to everyone – You are an absolute inspiration to everyone. You may think you’re not, but honestly, you are! Your writing is fantastic as are you yourself. Everyone you’ve met through writing loves it, they may not always say it or show it, but I promise you they love it!
- I see you for you and that’s it– Through your illness and disorders, you may think I see a monster or someone who doesn’t deserve my friendship, and that I should’ve unfriended you right away. To tell you the truth, I don’t see any of those things in you. I looked past them and I see a beautiful wonderful person and writer who has so much to give and offer the world. Who will someway, somehow leave her mark. Everyone who knows you will get to proudly say one day,” Hey, we know that lady. We are proud and honored to call her a friend of ours.” We see you for you only A and that’s it, nothing else more, remember that.
- You are worthy– Last thing I want you to keep in mind is that you are worthy! You are worthy of every single good thing that will eventually come your way. We will all be supporting you every step of the way, picking you up when you fall, and we will always be there when you need a friend or advice. We’re not going anywhere!
I know you said you have a hard time accepting things, and I get that, we all do. But for now, please just keep in mind these reasons anytime you’re falling and can’t find your ground.
If you’re hurting any day or time please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I’ll do everything I can to help you through. I know you probably think I won’t be able to handle it, but I can. I haven’t told you this yet, but I’m going to study to become a Mental Health Counselor and the experience will really help when that time comes. So please reach out to me or others if you’re hurting. Sometimes the best way to deal with things is to talk it out with people who will listen and understand.
I want you to be proud of your accomplishments. You look like you’ve done so much already, be proud of that. Of everything you’ve done and will continue to do to change the world!
Don’t dwell on what everyone else thinks of you. You do you. If no one wants to support you or be there for you, that’ll be on them and it’ll be their loss not yours! This is your life and nobody else’s. Live it to the fullest and the way you want to. You are never and will never be a burden to anyone. Don’t ever question or worry about that.
I’ll be there for you anytime day or night no matter what. I don’t care if I’m sleeping having a bad day, dealing with my own problems, or if I’m ever angry with you. I will cast all of my differences and problems aside and be there for you and only you in your time of need or whenever you need. I won’t leave your side until I know you feel better.
I love you, we all love you girl! It may not feel like it at this moment in time, but I promise you will get through this and get back on your feet. You will find your way back! You will find yourself again! Give it time. You will come out stronger than ever before! You’ve got this! Hold on, we are all in this together!! That won’t change no matter what!!
Always remember you are worth it, you are loved, you are deserving of good friendships, you are inspirational, and most of all you are worthy!!
Featured Image via WeHeartIt