I’ve said it before, and I will say it again, adulting is hard. We spend way too much time chatting about negatives, like the things we don’t have or haven’t done. Well, reality check, that never helped anyone get anywhere did it? It’s time to start focusing instead on what we have achieved, however small because no one has time to waste on negative vibes!
The truth, however you feel, is that you are probably doing way better than you think you are. Next time you need some #positivevibes, checkmark all of the small achievements you’ve made on the list below and give yourself a pat on the back (or a celebratory glass of vino) because life is too short to do anything else.
- Having a positive bank balance.
- Having a safe, warm place to live. Bonus points if you cleaned it.
- Having a job, really any job at all.
- You’ve worked out in the last three days.
- Cooking a healthy meal from scratch.
- Dedicating time to a friend or family member when they need it.
- Making it through the week without being late or lost.
- Knowing even vaguely what’s happening in the news.
- Owning a plant that has lived more than a month.
- Remembering birthdays, anniversaries and events.
- Every time you nail an outfit choice.
- Remembering to buy soap, shampoo, and other everyday essentials when they run out.
- Managing to keep your fridge stocked with more than milk and a carrot.
- Finishing a book.
- Smiling even when it’s a major struggle.
Winter is rolling in fast, and we’re going to need all the motivation we can find to get through it, so be sure to checkmark those small wins every time you nail #adulting. And don’t forget to share the #positivevibes with those around you, like a ray of sunshine on a frosty morning!