It doesn’t always “go down” in the DMs anymore. In fact, the comment section is starting to really taking over with flirty comments. Whether you’re dating someone long term or trying to claim your crush, it’s becoming common to leave sassy, punny, and flirty comments below your bae’s pictures on Instagram.
But what do you say when you’re unsure and desperately trying to get cred for best comment? I have some suggestions that are bound to get some attention.
For when you’re in a relationship and obvious as hell:
- Love you more than pizza
- That’s a #look (add the eyes emoji for more effect)
- Hey, you’re cute. Can I get your number?
- I’d take you to the movies but they don’t let snacks inside
- Making my heart melt like a popsicle
- Omg is that _____? (insert a hot celebrity actor here)
- New phone background picture
- Hi, 911? I need to report a selfie cuz it’s on fire
For when you guys are still new and you want to be semi subtle:
- First comment!
- Definitely stealing that sweater soon
- Slide in my dms
- Rating this a solid 9/10, weak effort
- Where are my photo creds?
- Fancy seeing this on here
- Who knew saturdays weren’t just for the boys?
- Okaayyyyyyyy (insert flirty emoji of your choosing )
For when you want to roast him for something cheesey/typical:
- Use promo code ‘KISSES’ to get one from me
- Sending this pic to NASA, because you’re a freaking star
- Where are you looking? I thought I was the view.
- Weird flex, but okay
- Whatever sprinkles your doughnuts (insert eye roll or face palm emoji)
- Who’s the funny one in our relationship? Clearly not you with that weak caption
- Who let you pick these captions?
- You need a stylist
Obviously you can technically use any of these captions whenever you please when it comes to your relationship, but there are definitely times and places for certain comments.
Remember, this is a weird trend in dating and considered social media etiquette these days. Your post will back off others trying to steal your man, claim him publicly, leave an impression on his friends and give people a reason to laugh. You have to be creative and witty from time to time.
Feature Image via Pexels