When you hear the name Phoebe, who do you immediately think of? Personally, I think of Phoebe Buffay from Friends. Yes, the ditzy, quirky, loving, and slightly crazy member of the group. Phoebe may strike most of us as an extremely weird lady, but her weirdness captivates us and works its way into our hearts. Plus, her quick-witted humor really helps us all laugh a little more.
Therefore, it’s time we all start listening to Phoebe and her madness a little bit more. Here are 11 times Phoebe Buffay perfectly described our lives.
1. When someone asks how much caffeine (or alcohol) you’ve consumed.
Excuse me, but who do you think you are?! Mind your business!
2. When you’re flirting with someone.
“Hey there, how you doing?”
3. … Or when the guy flirts back with you…
“Oh my god, stop!”
4. When you try a new recipe for the first time and it doesn’t go as planned…
What the hell is that? Man, it’s terrible!
5. When you take a *fire* selfie and all your friends comment on how good you look.
6. When your friends need an update on the guy you’re “talking to.”
“Don’t ask me. I don’t even know what’s going on!”
7. When someone asks what you want to do with your life.
Well, maybe replace the kids with dogs instead?
8. When you make a poor decision (like drunk text your ex), then justify your choice.
“Don’t take this up with me now! I was drunk then, completely different person.”
9. … or when you make friends with the drunk girl in the bathroom and keep forgetting her name.
“I’ll call you Suzy instead. What’s your number?”
10. When you make excuses.
“Sorry, can’t make the flight! Broke my left phalange!”
11. And, finally: When you’re out for the night and a creep asks you for your name.
“And my cell? 555-GO AWAY”
With all the Phoebe catchphrases and quotes throughout the 10 seasons of Friends, you can’t help but see yourself in her while watching the show. I think we can all agree that we need to be a little more like Phoebe every once in a while.
What’s your favorite Phoebe Buffay moment from Friends? Share with us in the comments!
Feature Image via NBC/Netflix