When I was 24, the word I lived my life by was “strength”. Then, when I was 25, I made a list of 26 things I wanted to accomplish before I turned 26 and I called it my ‘bucket list‘. When I turned 26, I completed that bucket list and changed my motto to “fearless“.
This year, at the age of 27, I traveled and focused on my career and growth. It was a year of finding myself with me screaming more times than not, “I LOVE MY LIFE” and believing it.
I am turning 28 soon, and as I look back on the past year, I’ve learned a few things. But most importantly, my self-love is the highest it has ever been.
Everyone’s journey to self-love is different. And everyone’s destination varies.
For me, I have grown so much on my own. So before I turn 28, here are 28 things I want you to know about self-love that I have learned throughout the years.
- Self-love means loving yourself even on the bad days.
- Self-love means even on the days when you are crying yourself to sleep, you choose to wake up the next day with love and respect for yourself. Make it a brand new day.
- Self-love is exactly those words. It is love for your own self and you are the only one that can do that.
- Self-love is taking care of your body physically and mentally through what you feed your body. How you talk about yourself and the exercise you do.
- Self-love is a bubble bath with a glass of wine or a cup of coffee with a good book.
- Self-love is surrounding yourself with people that make you want to be a better person. Not the toxic ones.
- Self-love is respecting yourself enough to walk away from the things that don’t make you grow anymore.
- Self-love is finding your passion and living it to the fullest. Always.
- Self-love is looking in the mirror every day and telling yourself “I am Beautiful. I am Enough.”
- Self-love is finding laughter in the small things.
- Self-love is finding positivity in your life. No matter what.
- Self-love is screaming at the top of your lungs, “I LOVE THIS LIFE!”
- Self-love is being confident in what you bring to the table. Either in a friendship or at work.
- Self-love is standing up for yourself and for others when being mistreated.
- Self-love is standing up for what is right. Even when you may be the only one standing.
- Self-love is speaking up to be heard but also listening to others who need to be heard.
- Self-love is being present to enjoy all the grace that is around you. It will make your life so much better.
- Self-love is turning the music up on your stereo and singing karaoke to your favorite song.
- Self-love is calling your support system when needed. It’s also being okay with being vulnerable.
- Self-love is understanding that your journey is not the same as someone else’s journey and that’s okay.
- Self-love is knowing that no one else gets to be you. And that is a beautiful thing.
- Self-love is loving yourself enough to love others.
- Self-love is realizing all you have been through. Instead of dwelling on the bad moments, you embrace them.
- Self-love is knowing that you will have bad days, but you also will have great days.
- Self-love is understanding that your journey will have ups and downs, turns left and right. But you will grow.
- Self-love is being fearless to set yourself free from the belief that you ‘cannot’ do something.
- Self-love is having the physical and mental strength to believe in yourself. Even when others bring you down.
- Self-love is by far the most amazing thing you can do for yourself.
Turning 28 is another chance for me to grow into the person I was meant to be.
Have a story to share yourself? Message me at firstname.lastname@example.org, I would love to hear it!
Featured image via Artem Beliaikin on Unsplash