Finishing up the last episode of One Tree Hill had my emotions all over the place. I was put into a nostalgic mindset thinking about how much the characters have changed throughout the 9 seasons. I was emotionally attached to them and felt like I had spent all of those years in high school and after with them. The one character that has always been my favorite is none other than Brooke Davis. Brooke is by far one of the most inspiring, fierce, loving, and bad-ass characters I have come to adore in television history. Her character is someone you can look up to and aspire to be like one day. Here are 10 reasons we all should admire Brooke Davis.
1. She knew her self-worth and had enough confidence for everyone in the room.
“Do you know what my mother said to me when I told her I wanted to start a company? She said your chances are one in a million. And I said ‘maybe I’m that one,’ and she said ‘you’re not.’ And she was wrong. Because I am one in a million.”
2. Her loyalty to her friends and family. She’ll stick by you no matter what.
“I know your type. I used to be a bit of a bitch just for the sake of being one, but now I am a bitch for the sake of my friends and family. You do not want to test that!”
3. She was the perfect amount of sassy and sweet.
“You better back off unless you want your next period to come out of your nose.”
4. She showed that you can change, you don’t have to be the same person you were in the past.
“You know when I was a freshman I wasn’t a very good person… And over the last four years I’ve been forced to grow up. I stopped letting boys define me, and I started believing in myself and in my potential… and somewhere along the way, the lost little party girl became the girl on the wall of honor. I know what I did was wrong, I know, but the girl I was when I came here, I’m not so sure she would have. And isn’t that the point of high school?”
5. She knew she deserved the best, and refused to settle for anything less.
“I wished for this right here without even knowing it. I wished for you and our family and this. Ever since New York, I wanted to come home. I just knew in my heart that there was treasure here, and I found it. In our sons. In my parents. In you…everyone should have that, a place that makes them happy.”
6. She always looked amazing. Whether she was wearing clothes or not she killed it every time.
I guess that’s why her clothing line was so successful.
7. She had it all, but she knew that without love and people to share your success with than it doesn’t really matter. She knew what was important in her life and to strive to achieve it until she had it.
“You know, in New York, I had everything I thought I wanted – money, celebrity, success – but you know what I didn’t have? Sunrise with my best friend.”
8. She was an amazing Godmother and mother.
“Brooke, there is a reason why you are Jamie’s godmother. And I am thankful everyday that you are.”
9. She’s an awesome best friend.
“First you’re going to let go. Now we’re going to sit, and you are going to cry on my shoulder for as long as you need to.”
10. She showed what true strength was.
“Sometimes, life will kick you around, but sooner or later, you realize you’re not just a survivor. You’re a warrior, and you’re stronger than anything life throws your way.”
Although Brooke went through so much in the show she always came out of it a smarter and stronger person. Her character was inspiring to watch grow up throughout the show. Lucas was right when he said, “Brooke Davis is gonna change the world someday. I’m not sure she even knows it.”
Featured image via screengrab of One Tree Hill