When it comes to sex, there is a lot that’s left unknown. No one likes to be brutally honest — be it with someone else or themselves. Most people even don’t like to talk about the common things we all experience because they don’t know they are actually common. But there are a handful of hard truths that people need to hear in order to help make their sex life better and safer.
1. Don’t waste your time with someone who doesn’t want to please you. In short, no one likes, needs, wants, or deserves a selfish person.
2. Don’t go from anal to any other type of sex. That’s a breeding ground for disease, so always make sure to be hygienic.
3. Get tested for STIs. You can’t always trust the person you’re sleeping with — who knows how many partners they have.
4. Have a safe word. No one should be embarrassed for having boundaries.
5. Ask your partner fairly frequently about their enjoyment. Get feedback, ask about their interests, kinks and desires, and focus on growing together to improve your overall sex life. Then, ou will find a happy medium.
6. Big dicks don’t do shit. The thicker ones are where it’s at.
7. Water does the opposite of lube — it actually dries things up. So use lube if you can.
8. If you don’t want to do something, don’t do it.
9. You can get an STI from oral sex.
10. Avoid getting cum in your eye at all costs. That shit burns.
11. Sex on the beach is not all its cracked up to be. Sand gets everywhere, it itches, burns and you don’t want those grains in your special parts. Trust me.
12. Your vagina doesn’t look or smell weird. They’re all different, just like penises are. Your vag is 100% normal, so don’t be ashamed of it!
13. Invest in sex toys, and don’t cheap out. (There are plenty of good tips on buying them.)
14. If you are not comfortable without using protection, don’t do it. Every year, 1 in 5 women get pregnant using the pull out method and it doesn’t prevent STIs — neither does birth control. So e safe about what you do with your body and who you do it with.
15. More often than not, someone kisses and touches you the way they wish to be. Notice those signs.
16. Really long dicks hurt like a bitch. Similarly, they can hit the cervix and it causes unbearable pain. Always be careful when having sex with someone with one to avoid those problems.
17. Your roommate will always know when you’re having sex with a “friend.” It’s quite obvious and totally natural too.
18. Douching isn’t healthy for you like old-school health professionals claim it is. It actually causes more harm than good.
19. Learning from porn doesn’t always help. Sometimes it’s best to leave that stuff to the professionals — also, remember that what they do isn’t what your partner secretly wants.
20. Trim and file your freaking nails! Freshly cut nails can be deadly when fingering and unwanted bleeding will occur.
21. Sex in a hot tub isn’t the greatest thing to try.
22. Pee after sex. It’s not a myth — it’s a fact. It will help you avoid further issues.
23. Antibiotics often mess with your birth control even if your doctor or pharmacist doesn’t say so. Be extra safe when taking them!
24. Cranberry juice isn’t enough to cure or prevent UTIs. Furthermore, antibiotics are the best cure if you get one.
25. Pay attention to bleeding after sex. If it occurs often, ask your doctor about it. There could be other underlying yet serious issues you could be experiencing.
26. Don’t be shy to use lube. We all need help sometimes.
27. If you can’t have an honest conversation about a specific kink, you are not ready to do it. You should get comfortable with talking about it before doing it.
28. Don’t touch spices before putting your fingers in your intimate areas. That will burn.
29. If you’re weary of putting a toy in your bum, always use one with a flare base. This, in turn, will ensure that it won’t go all the way up and get stuck if that’s what you’re worried about.
30. Public sex can be overrated. Don’t do it unless you actually want to.
31. Lingerie isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Most men barely even keep it on you before ripping it off.
32. If you want to try a kink but are unsure how to start or what you should try, take kink tests online with your partner. There are plenty of options to help direct you before you move to the next “level.”
33. Don’t be ashamed of your body because it doesn’t look like the one you saw in porn. What’s more, chances are those women have had modifications of some kind to achieve those bodies. Furthermore, very few people are lucky to have such figures naturally.
34. Cold water washes cum out of your hair better than hot water. Hot water only makes it stickier.
35. You don’t owe sex to any damn person.
Some of these may seem obvious, but sometimes you need a little reminder. There’s nothing to be embarrassed about when it comes to sex, and we should all know these myths and useful tips I can promise you that we all forget what they may or may not have taught us in high school! The important thing is to remember it now and keep it in our minds for the future.