There’s a reason we call it the “comfort zone.” It’s safe and familiar. It’s a place where were know the ins and outs, how to complete our daily tasks, and what is coming around the corner. Moreover, it’s a place where we are simply comfortable, with very little stress or fear.
But what if, outside of that comfort zone, is a life consists of excitement and new adventures? What if that one step could lead you to the love of your life, or the financial stability you always wanted? What if that life outside of your comfort zone is the life you want? Would you be willing to take that next step? Or would you pass it over, because of your fear and anxiety of the unknown? I want you to think about this: Have you ever done something you were really proud of while in your comfort zone?
Hence, there’s a reason they say “life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” If you’re ready to take a leap, read these 15 quotes about leaving your comfort zone behind:
1. “The only thing that is stopping you from where you are to where you want to go is your comfort zone.” – Dhaval Gaudier
2. “We have to be honest about what we want and take risks rather than lie to ourselves and make excuses to stay in our comfort zone.”― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
3. “Do one thing every day that scares you.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
4. “Choosing a path for convenience and speed is usually a recipe for mediocrity. The things that most enrich our lives usually demand a bigger investment of time and discipline.” – Gina Mohammed, Ph. D.
5. “I will guarantee you that the day you step outside your comfort zone by making success your goal is the day you discover that adversity, risk, and daring will make life sweeter than you ever imagined.” – Mark Burnett
6. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.”- Neale Donald Walsch
7. “The best piece of advice someone has ever given me was ‘do it scared.’ And no matter if you’re scared, just go ahead and do it anyway because you might as well do it scared, so it will get done and you will feel so much better if you step out of your comfort zone.” – Sherri Shepherd
8. “Stepping outside your comfort zone is supposed to feel uncomfortable because we’re in new and unfamiliar territory. Being uncomfortable is a sign of success, NOT of failure! So if we are uncomfortably outside our comfort zones, then than means we are growing!!! And THAT is cause for celebration!” – Roz Savage
9. “My experience is that you cannot have everything you want but you can have anything you really want, you just need to decide what it is and then plan your exit from the comfort zone.”- Jonathan Farrington
10. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good and go for the great.” – Steve Prefontaine
11. “Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.” – Jim Rohn
12. “I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy, I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.” – Anonymous
13. “Coming out of your comfort zone is tough in the beginning, chaotic in the middle, and awesome in the end…because in the end, it shows you a whole new world!! Make an attempt..” ― Manoj Arora, From the Rat Race to Financial Freedom
14. “We are so accustomed to the comforts of “I cannot”, “I do not want to” and “it is too difficult” that we forget to realize when we stop doing things for ourselves and expect others to dance around us, we are not achieving greatness. We have made ourselves weak.” ― Pandora Poikilos, Excuse Me, My Brains Have Stepped Out
15. “Your new life is going to cost you your old one. It’s going to cost you your comfort zone and your sense of direction. It’s going to cost you relationships and friends. And it’s going to cost you company and understanding. But it doesn’t matter. Because the people who are meant for you are going to meet you on the other side. And you’re going to build a new comfort zone around the things that will actually move you forward. And instead of being liked, you are going to be loved. Instead of understood, you’re going to be seen. All you’re going to lose is what was built for a person you no longer are. Let it go.” – Brianna Wiest
The first step is the hardest, but also the most important. Furthermore, stepping outside your comfort zone is the only way you can grow, personally or professionally. Reaching new heights in your life involves taking the risk and attempting something you might not succeed in. Don’t worry if it means starting over with something — life is about starting over. The reward is well worth the risk.