Since January 20, 2017, we have witnessed 100 days of Americans hitting the streets to practice their First Amendment Rights, rain or shine. Millions of Americans are making it clear that the term “giving up” is not a part of their vocabulary. To all the individuals negatively affected by any of Trump’s actions in the past 100 days, this article is for you. To all the protestors taking the streets, exuding hope and strength, this article is for you. And to everyone who thinks that these demonstrators are wasting their time, to those who choose indifference while so many suffer, this article is especially for you.
You see, this is the America that will be remembered when people look back at Donald Trump’s presidency, because the people marching in these photos are the very ones that will make America great again.
1. A young “feminist in training” joins the Women’s March on Washington on January 21, 2017.
2. A protestor raising her voice for all women, during the women’s march in Athens, Georgia on January 21, 2017.
Mariah Parker chants during the Athens Women’s March at the Athena statue downtown Athens, Ga., Saturday, January 21, 2017. Roughly 700 people attended the march to pressure President Trump to not roll back women’s rights such as access to healthcare, abortions, and equal pay according to organizers. Photo/ @JohnRoarkmedia #AthensBannerHerald #MeetmeatAthena #SisterMarch #WomenMarch
3. Demonstrators of all ages hit the streets of New York, standing in unity for Women’s rights.
4. On January 29, 2017, hundreds of protestors showed up at airports all over the nation to protest Trump’s executive order banning citizens of six predominantly Muslim countries from entering the U.S.
5. Demonstrators gathered in Washington D.C. to express their disapproval of Trump’s travel ban.
6. On April 15, 2017 around 2,500 people participated in a protest demanding for Trump’s tax returns, in St. Paul, Minnesota.
7. Protestors demand that Donald Trump releases his tax returns, marching in Washington D.C. on April 15, 2017.
8. Thousands of protestors, including members of The Standing Rock Sioux tribe, lead a #NODAPL march in Washington D.C., on March 10, 2017, after Trump’s executive order permitting the pipelines advancement.
9. Thousands gather in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to protest Trump’s stance on climate change.
10. A young girl participating in the March for Science held on Earth day, April 22, 2017.
“The silver lining of the Trump administration is that millions of people are getting involved in politics for the first time to fight back.”- Bernie Sanders
Cheers to 100 more days.
Featured image via Wikimedia