If you’re like me you can safely say that Fat Amy is your spirit animal (I mean come on, her name is Fat Amy). “I love Fat Amy, you love Fat Amy, we all love Fat Amy.” I recently saw Pitch Perfect 2, and while I was reluctant to spend the $12 on a movie ticket, I was aca-OBSESSED to say the least. As I sat in the theater, I concluded to myself that there are some very valuable lessons we can learn from the curvacious Australian queen herself.
1. Saying no can be a good thing (especially when it is to rude boys). I mean crystal meth is bad too. Just because you’re in college doesn’t mean you should say yes to everything… just most things.
2. R-e-s-p-e-c-t. Boys should treat you like a lady. If they don’t call them out.
3. Find your best qualities and be proud of them. Whether you’re good at knitting or make bomb grilled cheese sandwiches, we all have talents.
4. The best way to get through an awkward conversation is to point it out. Honestly what else would you do?
5. It’s important to hold your friends accountable. Even though your friends rock, sometimes their decisions don’t so tell them in a loving way or take Amy’s method whatever works.
6. It’s important to have hobbies. School is important, but what is life without the fun stuff? Make sure you make time to relax and take some time for yourself.
7. You’re never too old to act like a little kid. Especially when it means sliding down the stairs.
8. Dance no matter what the haters say. Most of us are rhythmically challenged but dancing is still fun, so who cares if people look at you funny.
9. Being dramatic is underrated. Girls are categorized as dramatic by both males and females. But even if everyone is right, being dramatic can be fun even if no one else admits it.
10. Working out is overrated. I’ll run to the door to meet the pizza guy. That counts as cardio, right?
11. Being mysterious is super cool. So is winking.
12. Again… working out is overrated. Cardio is hard-io.
13. Loving yourself is the key to happiness. No matter what your shape, size or color, you need to love yourself. Because it doesn’t matter how many boys tell you that you’re pretty or how many say to lose weight. If you love yourself then stay who you are. At the end of the day your opinion is the only one that matters.
Fat Amy has confidence, humor and sometimes class. I think we could all learn a little from her, if anything now we can call laying down, horizontal running, which is much less pathetic.
Featured Image via a screen grab from Pitch Perfect.