Working out and being active is a lifestyle choice. Although it is something many of us aspire to, let’s face it, working out is a lot of well you know…work. As a 21-year-old female with an average figure, I can tell you that I often feel the pressures to be as skinny as Candace Swanepoel. The problem? I also have an unhealthy addiction to Netflix and cheeseburgers. Here are the top ten thoughts any average human being has when they make the decision to get healthy.
1. I can’t work out until I have all possible work out clothing and shoes and accessories. I must purchase these to be successful. Also, all that money spent on Nike pro booty shorts will most definitely motivate me to work out.
2. Is it acceptable to just wear these shorts around the house and call that working out? I am walking from room to room so that must count.
3. Maybe if I just look forward and turn up my music really loud, no one around me at this gym will realize that I don’t know how to work this exercise machine.
4. That was a tough mile run. I need a cheeseburger.
5. Zumba is a lot of fun. If I ever went to a Mexican resort I would totally be able to dance a sexy samba…This workout would be a lot better with margaritas.
6. RUN LIKE YOU’RE BEING CHASED BY A MURDERER.
7. I have been going to the gym consistently for two weeks now. Why don’t I have a six pack yet?
8. I must say I’m looking pretty damn good. I can totally slack off today and binge watch a whole season of Friends.
9. I will most definitely look like a Victoria Secret model by next year. No one will even recognize me.
10. Work out is torture. My body wants to die. I can’t breathe. Why do people do this to themselves?
As you read these thoughts and laugh, feel better about yourself. Just know if you’re not a member of the #fitfam, you’re not alone. I am with you and struggle with working out just like most people in society. We can’t all be body builders, but we can all try. If all else fails, your couch will always be there to greet you with open arms.