ou know that feeling when nothing seems to be going your way? It could be a day, a week, a month…but one way or another, you find yourself in a rut you just can’t seem to pull yourself out of?
Yep, we’ve all been there. And most likely, this rut will run its course – eventually. Sometimes, there’s nothing you can do but wait it out. So, what can you do to feel better? Here are 12 things you can remember when you’re having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.
1. This website: http://youshouldhaveseenthis.com/.
The internet exists, and it is awesome. You should take advantage of it. To get started, take a look at this list of 99 of the best things the internet has to offer.
2. Animals do weird sh*t, and thanks to youtube, you can spend hours watching it happen.
There is literally a video of cat fails an hour long. I don’t know about you, but that sounds like a pretty great way to spend an hour.
3. That moment when you see a friend you haven’t seen in a long time, and it’s like nothing has changed.
You’ve spent some time apart, but as soon as the two of you are back together, none of that matters. And that’s pretty awesome.
4. Sunrises and sunsets.
You can’t resist the amazement watching the sky turn hues of pink, yellow, purple, orange, and red. It’s calming and invigorating at the same time.
5. That special kind of stomach ache you can only get from laughing so hard you can’t breath.
Because when you laugh that hard, no matter what it’s about, every problem you have just stops existing for a little while.
6. The moment right before a first kiss with someone.
Just when you know it’s going to happen, but aren’t quite sure what to expect yet.
7. When you can quote your favorite movie word for word but think it’s funny anyway.
You get to laugh twice: once when you say the line, and once when the movie does.
8. When you’re absolutely famished and finally get your hands on a huge amount of food.
Like, say a large Chipotle burrito or an entire pizza. And then you proceed to eat it all way too fast and feel terrible but awesome after.
9. Those crisp fall days where the trees are shades of red, orange, and yellow and leaves crunch beneath your feet.
Fresh air and crunchy leaves do a soul good.
10. Drinking a hot coffee on a cold day and feeling it warm you from the inside out.
Each sip is like a smile for your insides.
11. The special warmth you get from a pet cuddling with you.
Bonus points if he/she did this voluntarily.
12. When your favorite song comes on the radio when you’re driving, and you get to sing your heart out at top volume.
Also known as loudly screaming the words that are in the song and pretending you can totally sing and sound exactly like the actual singer.
At some point, we will all experience a day that is just absolutely awful. Life will kick you down, time and time again. The good news, though, is that it will also give you everything you need to get through – if you let it. So remember, this too shall pass, but in the meantime just remember all those little things that make life worth living.
Featured image via Artem Beliaikin on Pexels