Twitter hashtags have become a norm to either trend something, sound off on your opinions, or find the latest news. In today’s case, it’s humans listing reasons why our race will go extinct. While there are some hilarious reasons being listed why humans will go extinct, there are also some that will make you think and consider everything going on in the world. Here are the top ten tweets of #ReasonsHumansWillGoExtinct (so far!):
#ReasonsHumansWillGoExtinct because whenever something bad happens the most we do is start a hashtag saying how bad it was
— Harry Seaton (@harryseaton) April 5, 2016
- Did you know that if we killed each other at the rate we kill animals, humans would be extinct in roughly 17 days?https://twitter.com/peta2/status/717361487841374208
- Snapchat is key.
If there's ever an alien invasion or apocalypse we'll all die from Snapchatting it instead of running away #ReasonsHumansWillGoExtinct
— Katie Corvino (@kTc0rvin0) April 5, 2016
- I can see this…pretty sure that Siri low-key hates everyone anyways.
Siri gets tired of everyone's stupid questions and decides to kill everyone #ReasonsHumansWillGoExtinct
— Darin King (@DarinKingIsMe) April 5, 2016
- I mean…this is likely.
— Jillian (@Pheramuse) April 5, 2016
- Did you really go out if you didn’t tag, check in, or Instagram a photo of it?
We will be so busy tagging ourselves in photos and 'checking in' to places we will eventually forget to eat. #ReasonsHumansWillGoExtinct
— Miss Wobble (@richie_rich77) April 5, 2016
- No explanation necessary.
Everyone just can't even. #ReasonsHumansWillGoExtinct
— Mal (@MalliGal) April 5, 2016
- Let’s be real…any of these options are viable options on why we will go extinct.
#ReasonsHumansWillGoExtinct … Which is most Likely?
— E4 (@E4Tweets) April 5, 2016
- No big, as long as my phone is with me – I’ll survive * unless you steal my charger.
While it may be a joke, the hashtag should be a reminder to people that the earth is our only home, and we need to take care of it so that we are able to survive forever (hopefully). Not all of us have money to jump in a spaceship and run away to Mars when the going gets tough. Side note, humans becoming extinct means that I can just give up and watch Netflix forever right? Sound off in the comments below on why you think humans will eventually become extinct.
Featured image via Sebastian Dooris / CC0