Taylor Swift is the perfect role model for anyone and that is not just coming from my obsession with her music, style, and personality.
I am a die hard Taylor Swift fan, always have been, always will be. And guess what? As a 19 year old I get made fun of for that! (Can you believe it?!)
“Taylor Swift is SOOO mainstream, have you ever listened to EDM?” WELL YES! Yes, I have and I like many different artists and genres but my heart will always belong to the girl who admitted to having teardrops on her guitar.
As with any celebrity who is at the top of their game she is the butt of many many jokes and I just can’t seem to understand why…
So I’ve decided to create a list of why there is truly no reason to bash the country-turned-pop queen herself.
- “She is the most awkward dancer.” She’s having fun! Who cares that her talent lies in singing not dancing- it shouldn’t stop her from having fun! She has obviously earned herself a spot at these awards shows therefore she should be encouraged to dance however the hell she wants.
- “She has had too many boyfriends.” Anyone who accuses T Swift of having too many boyfriends must simply be jealous. If I had the chance to try things out with any of her rumored boyfriends (Joe Jonas, Taylor Lautner, Jake Gyllenhaal, Harry Styles…) I’d be all over it – quite literally.
- “She is totally overexposed.” Her time is now and she knows it. So let her, and her fans, enjoy her time in the spotlight.
- “She writes too many break up songs.” She has won 7 Grammy’s and is the only female artist in history to not once, but TWICE have an album hit the million dollar first week sales figure, so obviously, it’s working. With all the so-called haters there must be a couple hundred closet t-swizzle fans out there…
- “She succeeds with change.” Her latest album 1989 signs off with Taylor saying: “From the girl who said she would never cut her hair or move to New York or find happiness in a world where she is not in love…” after her debut to super-stardom was based on the platform of her long blond curls, and obsession with being in love.
I can honestly remember getting my heart broken when I was 15 and walking through my high school with my head held high reciting the lyrics to “15” over and over again. (Thanks Taylor xo)
I’m not trying to convert anyone into a “Swiftie” I just want the haters not to hate, hate, hate quite as much
So back off Kanye, let Taylor do her thing!