I think I speak for most people stuck in the daily grind when I say it is damn hard to keep on top of healthy meal prep during the work week. Thankfully, I’ve found a secret weapon that helps me stay on track and feel like I’ve got my life together.
I know the younger generations get a lot of flack for eating avocado toast, but let’s be honest… have the others even tried it? It truly has to be the most flexible and flavorful meal while still being moderately on the healthy side.
Here’s how to make Avocado Toast with Poached Eggs & Maple Sausage:
What You Need:
- 2 Slices of Bread (any kind)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Avocado (I use 1 premade individual pack of Wholly Guacamole to add more flavor)
- 2 Maple Breakfast Sausage Links (I use Applegate Chicken & Maple Sausages)
- ½ – 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese (any form)
- ½ Tsp Basil
- 1 Tsp Everything Bagel Seasoning (I use the salt-free version, but regular will do)
Estimated Length of Time: 10-20 minutes (depending on egg prep)
If you are planning on poaching your eggs, cook these first, as they take the longest. If you are making this as a meal prep, I recommend using hard-boiled eggs or premade scrambled eggs instead, as they keep and travel better.
- There are several ways to poach eggs, but for this recipe, I use an egg-cooker and follow the instructions for poached eggs. If you don’t have an egg cooker, I recommend using Lisa Bryan’s technique to get the perfect poached eggs with just a pot of water.
- While the eggs are cooking, pop your bread slices into the toaster and toast to desired doneness.
- Once toasted, coat the toast in some butter.
- Scoop half of the guacamole pack onto each slice of toast and spread evenly.
- Prepare maple sausages according to package instructions.
- The eggs should be about done at this point. If you’re using an egg cooker, carefully remove their tray from the cooker and drain any excess water before sliding each egg directly onto a piece of avocado toast.
- Top the eggs with parmesan and everything bagel seasoning.
- Add the prepared sausages to the plate.
- Optional: Make a small slice in each egg and let the yolk coat everything before digging in!
Things To Keep In Mind:
- You may have to grease the egg cooker tray. I’ve noticed on several occasions that if I don’t lightly grease it, my poached eggs tear apart before I can successfully transfer them to the plate and it just ruins my morning.
- If you’re as lucky as I am, we have a shared refrigerator at the office I can store my ingredients in and prepare it all at work. Keep this option in mind when you’re using this recipe during the work week. You can have a fresh version every day!
I hope you enjoy this delicious breakfast staple! How do you make your avocado toast? Let us know in the comments.
Feature Image by Alexandra Mendívil on Unsplash
Your recipe is healthy, It has to be the most adaptable, tasty, and relatively healthy dinner.
Best Choice Carpet Care Company Near Me in California