If there is one thing that most girls have in common, it’s that we hate getting our periods. The cramps, the cravings, the mood swings. Ugh. It’s a nightmare and you shouldn’t mess with a girl when she’s on her period. Just don’t.
With that being said, PMSing is what leads up to the period, and that’s when you see craziness reach its peak. One second we’re happy, and the next thing you know we’re crying over a McDonald’s commercial. We’re unpredictable because our bodies are causing us to act this way.
There are so many stages of PMS and there’s no one better to describe our behavior than Buddy the Elf, who also can’t explain his own behavior half the time.
1. That moment when you get your first sweet tooth.
And eat the contents of what’s in the cabinet.
2. When someone says something to you in a harsh tone and you take it personally.
3. When you’re feeling extra mushy and want to spread the love.
4. The moment you realize the food you’re craving is not in the house.
5. The second someone says something that pisses you off.
6. The moment after an outburst and you’re trying to apologize.
7. When you realize you’re mood swings are because you’re PMSing.
8. And finally, when the dreaded event finally comes.
Periods suck. I don’t know what else to say about that. But I will say, everything is better with an Elf reference. So throw the movie on, make a plate of waffles, and relax, girl. We all know we need it.