A couple of months ago, my partner came to me with the desire of wanting to live life as a transgender woman. Throughout the process of my partner’s transition from male to female I’ve got to learn many life lessons that I am grateful for:
1. A sex change does not change their hearts – one of the main things I’ve learned from dating a transgender woman is that just because they go to a sex change doesn’t mean that their hearts in personalities don’t change they just become more and more magnificent
2. They are ordinary people just like everyone else and they have dreams and desires- a lot of the time people tend to think that people that are transgender aren’t like everyone else in society but the truth is they are like everyone else and they do have dreams and desires and live everyday lives
3. Love comes in all different forms– when it comes to dating a transgender woman is that love comes in all different forms of nature and we all should embrace it.
4. Transgender people want to be loved and respected like everybody else- a lot of people assume that transgender people don’t know what they want as far as relationships since they’re going through a sex change but the truth is they have the same desires as everyone else would in a relationship they just wanna be loved and respected in their relationships.
5. Transgender people aren’t confused people and are fully able to express themselves- people in society tend to think that transgender people are confused and aren’t fully able to express themselves but let me tell you that is far from the truth my girlfriend is very aware of what she wants and he’s very outspoken towards her desires to be a full-blown woman.
6. Transgender people are the light of the party – if its one thing I learned about dating my girlfriend is that people that are transgender know how to be the light of social able events and know how to be the light of the party.
7. Beauty starts within yourself and what you believe in – if it’s one thing I learned from dating a trans woman is that beauty starts within you and the message you want to share with others .
8. It’s never too late to come out of your shell– if it’s one thing I learned from dating a transgender woman is that it’s never too late to come out of your shell and be who you are as a person.
Ultimately there are many things that I have learned from dating a transgender woman and I’m so grateful to be on this journey with my girlfriend. I hope that through my experience you can appreciate some of these life lessons as well.