Dad’s are incredible people. While they might not be able to keep up with mom (because let’s be real, they totally run the house), they have moments where they try or come clutch in other ways. They also have moments that make us roll our eyes and wonder where the heck our moms are.
This fathers day, there are plenty of good memories to discuss around the table with the family.
1. When you find out your mom is leaving for a few days, or even a night and your dad is left in charge of doing her normal jobs.
2. And your mom has to continuously repeat specific instructions to make them clear, though you know he won’t listen anyway.
3. He calls you way too much when you’re out in public and it gets annoying really fast, even though you know he’s concerned.
4. Trying to have a serious conversation with him and he doesn’t know what else to say to your specific needs.
5. He always makes his favorite child well known to everybody.
6. Having your dad make any sort of social plans is painful because he never knows how to respond or what to say, so you got to get involved because you know what your mothers reaction will be when she finds out he tried to do that.
7. His compliments to your mom will always make you laugh.
8. But he always tries to make an effort.
9. His reaction is always the same when you make him mad.
10. When it’s your dad’s responsibility to try to find out who did something against the rules and doesn’t know which person between you and your siblings did it, so he takes drastic measures.
11. He always makes it a big deal when you do what he asks or say something normal for once.
12. College dorm tours were always full of weird questions, specifically to cock block you because no man is good enough for his little girl.
13. When he gets annoyed, he doesn’t care who he yells at in the process.
14. And when dad is annoyed, the whole house is too.
15. Dad’s way of pressuring doesn’t come in the form of nagging or sending job applications their way… They do it in one big yelling match.
16. His first response when he sees you come downstairs and tells you to change before you go out with your friends is always… Unpredictable.
17. That look he gives you after you walk by and catch him doing the chore he asked you to do hours ago that you never did… Scary.
18. Inviting people over is always terrifying, especially because you never know what’ll come out of his mouth.
19. His look of judgement or un-amusement never changes.
20. He’ll always mention his children being responsible for his poor health after he gets mad for literally no reason.
21. He always has your best interest at heart, even if it means slightly dissing you in the process.
22. And as much as he annoys you, judges you or makes you shake your head laughing, nothing beats getting his approval.
Happy father’s day to all the dads out there. Thank you for adding some extra joy to our lives even if you make us frustrated or scared at times. And thank you for making the greatest effort to do everything you can for us and always making us laugh!