My mother is one of the best cooks in the entire world (trust me on this). I will personally invite you to come to our house this Thanksgiving if you want to have a happy tummy. My mom has taught me all that I know and not only life lessons. She has given me great cooking tips along with fun adult drinks! Thanksgiving is a time, in my household, for friends, family, and thankful thinking. Every year, we go around the table and say what we are thankful for (not repeating anybody else’s). I’m sure many families have fun traditions or even similar ones, but no one will ever have as good of food traditions as my house. Butttt, I will share a pinch of the secret recipes with all of you today.
Hope ya’ll are hungry!
Moscow Mule Mama’s twist puts the ice in a ziplock bag and crushes it with a mallet, so the drink tastes more like a slushie. It is GREAT!)
2 oz Vodka
1/2 oz Lime Juice
20 oz Ginger Beer
Sprig of mint and lime for garnish
1.(Pre-Freeze tin cups) Fill your Copper mugs with ice
- Pour in Vodka, Lime Juice and Ginger Beer
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and lime slices
Peach Tea:(Mama’s twist cuts fresh mint leaves and puts in pitcher)
1-1/3 cups Lipton Powered Tea
1 gallon of water
Green Bean Casserole: Serves 12, Preparation Time: 10 mins. Time: 30 mins.
1 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. of Soy Sauce( Mama’s Twist)
1 cup of shredded Cheddar Cheese(Mama’s Twist)
1 can (10.5 oz.) can Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
½ cup milk
3 cans (14.5 oz. each) Del Monte® Cut Green Beans, drained
1 can (6 oz.) prepared French’s® Crispy Fried Onions
1 cup of breadcrumbs + 1 Tbsp. melted butter(Mama’s Twist)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in soup, milk, beans, 2/3 cup onions, 3 Tbsp of Soy Sauce and 1 or 2 cup(s) for shredded Cheddar Cheese. Pour into a 2 qt. casserole. Last, sprinkle 1 Tbsp melted butter with breadcrumbs over top.
- Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
- After, spread overtop the crispy fried onions for another 5 mins until golden brown.
- 1 Purchased pie crust or homemade pie crust (see recipe below)
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups pecan halves
- (Mama’s Twist *Add a scoop of Homemade Vanilla Blue Bell Ice Cream dusted with cinnamon sugar. a La Mode)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare purchased crust or roll out pastry for Single-Crust Pie and line a 9-inch pie plate with the pastry. Trim; crimp edge as desired.
- For filling, combine eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in pecan halves.
- Place the pastry-lined pie plate on the oven rack. Carefully pour the filling into the pastry shell.
- To prevent over browning, cover edge of the pie with foil. Bake for about 45 minutes. Remove foil Bake longer if needed. Pie is ready when knife inserted near the center comes out clean or when the pie only slightly “jiggles” when you remove from oven. It will set (get harder) as it cools.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cover and refrigerate within 2 hours. Makes 8 slices.
And that’s how you prep for Thanksgiving with your momma! The best of times is always helping out in the kitchen, so don’t be shy when showing up a little early this holiday!!