Ah, summer. The time when everyone is out of school and is heading to the beach. Or the time when everyone is out of school, working their asses off, and wishing they were at the beach. Either way, summer can either be incredibly relaxing, or stressful, or fun, or too hot, or all of the above.
As we navigate these three months, it’s all too easy to get home after a long day and curl up with water, ice cream, and Netflix. And what better to turn to than Friends?
If anyone can perfectly describe how you feel, those 6 lovable goofballs can. Here’s how your summer is probably going, as told by these friends.
1. The excitement when summer first starts.
2. When you get to just sit back and chill for a bit.
3. You have to find a summer job so your future isn’t bleak.
4. But work sucks (as does everything else).
5. When you see your (first) summer crush and you just want to melt.
6. When your mom makes you that meal you’ve been wishing for forever and you eat all of it (and worry about your bikini bod).
7. When July hits and the heat gets to be too much.
8. When your crazy coworker starts telling you a story and you literally canNOT.
9. And all your friends start talking about each other behind their backs and you’re over here just like:
10. Your first day off in who knows how long.
11. The first time your friends need boy advice, and you’ve been single as a Pringle for way too long.
12. When you see a cute dog on the street and must pet it.
13. When you finally get together for a girls’ night.
14. And when summer ends, and you have to say goodbye to the warm weather and all your friends.
When all is said and done, summer really isn’t as bad as you may think it is. Yes, you have to work hard, and the heat sometimes gets to be too much. But it’s summer. You can roll down your windows in your car, play some good old summer music, sip iced tea by the pool, and just enjoy yourself. It’s the one season where you can indulge in all those things you don’t always get to indulge in. And, when all else fails, your friends are always there for you.
Featured Image via Screengrab from ‘Friends.’